As the COVID-19 situation develops, I’d like to address all members and guests to give peace of mind with the measures that we are taking to ensure safety and wellness.
Measures we are taking…
- 1 x Extra paper towel dispenser and disinfectant spray bottle in the gym
- New class format for SFX class to minimise change overs
- Less Spin bikes in the studio to allow more space between participants
- Removal of communal boxing gloves. Boxing gloves and wraps available for sale at reception
- Not encouraging contact between participants or instructors and participants (no high fives)
- Extra cleaning measures by cleaners to ensure the club is deep cleaned. Especially noting door handles and contact points throughout the gym
As a reminder to all members and guests it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure effective hygiene, we must all stay diligent…
- A clean towel must be used at all times. If you do not bring a towel they are available for hire at reception
- Please wash your hands upon entry to the club (20 seconds with soap and water). There is also hand sanitiser dispensers at the entrance and the back of the gym. More hand sanitisers are on back order and will be installed as soon as possible.
- Wipe down all equipment and mats after use with disinfectant spray and paper towels provided throughout the club
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, mouth
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- If you feel unwell we advice that you stay at home rest and recover
Gyms are still seen as “low risk for COVID-19” according to Associate Professor Sanjaya Senanaayake (infectious disease specialist at Australian National University) quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald
Dr Kerry Chant (NSW Chief Medical Officer) interviewed on 2GB answered “YES” to is it safe to go to the gym?
This is a highly dynamic situation and we are ready to adapt to any developments. We appreciate these might be challenging times and are very grateful for our supportive community.
Yours in health and fitness